Author, Erika Kind nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. She is a healing soul and a wonderful blog. If you haven’t, please pay her blog a visit
Thank you for the nomination, Erica!
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post (right-click and save, then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them
- Provide a link to the award post you created
I started my blog to bring attention to the disarray of the mental health system in the United States and to the unique problems of adult survivor’s of abusive childhoods. I am a survivor; I am diagnosed with Complex Post-traumatic Stress Disorder of which Dissociative Identity Disorder is a symptom.
Our culture prefers to deny pain, prefers shiny objects and illusions of eternal youth to the work
of creating a civilized democracy, prefers clown acts to political discourse, prefers to believe that we can flood our cities with semi-automatic weapons and live in safety, prefers rights without obligations, and selects robber barons and pathological narcissists to represent the interests of manipulative oligarchs in congress.
It also prefers to believe that people with severe mental illness choose to die on our streets from illnesses that we can treat.
If we who suffer the most from these dangerous mass delusions don’t speak out then our decline as a civilized Nation will continue, and the rest of humanity will go down with us.
I started this blog to create change.
I am under no illusions that my voice alone is enough.
But if the many who suffer in silence speak out, we might start the momentum that we need to create a more compassionate and healthy nation of people. We might have a Nation that deserves the respect it craves.
The two pieces of advice that I have for other bloggers are these:
- Define who you are for yourself. Find your reason for blogging within yourself and go with it, even when it feels uncomfortable.
Interact with other bloggers. Interaction is part of the creative process.
My nominees are these: