A Shout Out from The Neighbrhood
Abuse happens to men too
NO MORE Excuses: The Male Survivors Series
We recognize that male survivors are met with persistent and harmful responses: That sexual abuse can’t happen to guys. That they just need to get over it. That guys wouldn’t “let” that happen to them.
In 2016, Joyful Heart partnered with Viacom and1in6, a leading organization that provides support and information to adult male survivors of childhood sexual abuse, released a new series of video and print ads—adding to a suite of print ads released in 2014—specifically addressing the myths and excuses that male survivors hear. They invite men who have experienced unwanted or abusive sexual abuse in childhood, and those who care for them, to visit 1in6.org for help.
In case you missed it, I wanted to share our new series in Joyful Heart’s groundbreaking, celebrity-driven NO MORE PSA campaign developed in partnership with 1in6, a leading organization providing support and information…
View original post 371 more words
I am honored to receive the Versatile Blogger Award laurelwolfelives
- Display Award
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers-
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I have a full head of silvery hair. It was once jet black..
- I have Brown eyes.
- I am a triple Scorpio which means that my Sun, Moon and Rising Sign are in Scorpio.
- I once studied to become an Operating Room Technician.
- I am almost six feet tall.
- I was first openly gay director of physical education ever hired by a YMCA.
- I once played Mr. Snow in the New London Connecticut theatrical production of Carousel.
- I first came to San Francisco as a tour guide from Hawaii.
- I’ve had two serious relationships in my life. The first lasted nine years and the Second is still going strong at 23.
- I am left-handed.-
My Nominees are:
Sign Elizabeth Warren’s petition that the Senate do its job