Set these 7 limits with a narc before you go no contact, but only if you
feel confident and want to leave room to salvage the relationship.
1. I will no longer tolerate of your lies.
2. I will never pretend that you don’t lie to me.
3. I will never pretend that it’s acceptable for you
to treat me as if I’m blind and stupid.
4. I will never pretend that playing gaslight is not the
behavior of a psychologically abusive perp.
5. Your pathology is damaging to my health and I expect
you to learn to manage it.
6. If you want friendship with me behave the way a friend
behaves when caught in a lie: apologize.
7. You can make this right by writing an apology with a
promise that you will stop lying to me and about me.
Don’t expect the narc to be nice about this.
Narcs react to limit setting as if they’ve been shot.
Then go no contact until you get the written apology as requested.
One last thing: don’t expect an apology.