The Blue Sky Tag comes to me from D. Wallace Peach.
The rules are:
Use the Blue Sky banner (Designed by Rachael Ritchey).
Answer the 11 questions set by your tagger.
Make up 11 original and interesting or funny questions for those you tag.
Tag 11 people.
Thank you for the tag, Diana. 🙂
- What country have you never visited but would love to, and why?
I would love to visit Spain, my family is Sephardi, and so I’ve always felt an affinity for Spain and for the Spanish language.
2. What person in your life (not including family members) has most shaped who you are today?
Gee, that’s a tough one. My first impulse is to say my partner of 27 years; but the person who most shaped who I am today was my literary mentor, Harold Norse.
3. List three things that make you happy?
My Partner, the City of San Francisco, and the spiritual energy I feel when I write or make art.
- What’s your favorite genre to read?
I’m re-reading ‘Miss Lonelyhearts‘ by Nathaniel West and and ‘Trout Fishing in America’ by Richard Brautigan, I’m also reading the Physician’s Desk Reference (seriously). The side effects and adverse reactions sections are a hoot.
5. What time period in history most intrigues you, and why?
This period in history is damned intriguing.
Americans face two clear paths. We decide to move forward, to join a global community that uses technology to enlighten and empower the many, or we decide to create a hellish dystopia, a barbaric high-tech dark ages ruled wealthy tyrants who control us with lies and fear. It’s fascinating because we’re still a democracy, so it’s a choice.
6. If you could add a new talent to your repertoire, what would it be, and why?
Animation. I’d like to use it to perform.
7. Where is your favorite place in the world, and why?
Home. Home is the best place for a time of introspection.
- What animal best describes your personality, and why?
Cats are loving but not servile.
- What’s your favorite recipe (and please share it)?
Oatmeal made with chocolate soy-milk and cinnamon. Pour water and chocolate soy milk into a saucepan, add oatmeal and cinnamon, soak for an hour, add some banana, and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Hiking boots, sneakers, heels, or flip-flops?
11. Would you rather have tons of love and little wealth, or tons of wealth and little love?
Tons of love and little wealth is what I chose, so I guess I have what I want. 🙂
I tag you, whoever you are and I like these questions so here you go.
Thanks again, Diana.
Let’s have some Ella!
Rob Goldstein 2018
I do not own the images in this post