from The Mind of RD REVILO
- Funny, Some People Think
- War will be different for them
- They see the deadly destruction
- But theirs won’t make them a victim
- They’ll start the fight on Friday
- Then fight
- Until Sunday
- Back to work on Monday
- And if they get injured or hurt
- The enemy will nurture
- Them back to work
- So they can fight some more
- And even up the score
- No loss of electricity
- Water will flow
- No pain toward victory
- No disappearance of people they know
- It’ll be like a picnic
- Only ants are pests
- We’ll be in and out quick
- Unlike the rest
- Once they knowwe are serious
- Fear will make the enemy delirious
- And sue for peace
- Just beating our chests will scare the beast
- Our thunderous protests
- Will make them confess
- We’ll sing, we’ll cheer
- The brave will bring up the rear
- We’ll snarl, our fists we’ll ball
- We’ll persist, insist…
View original post 33 more words
Ulla’s dog Solo
Ulla. Where do I begin?
When I told someone yesterday my friend died by suicide, adding that we never met face-to-face, I sensed that she didn’t understand the power of a virtual friendship.
Of course that’s not her fault – if you haven’t experienced being friends with an online “kindred spirit”, it’s hard to relate to the idea. But I was frustrated all the same because it was a genuine friendship.
How I hate writing that word “was”.
Ulla was a better friend to me than most of the friends I’ve ever had; hell, she was there for me during some of my toughest times far more than some of my relatives.
She supported my writing, and — this was big– she helped me grieve my father’s death. She truly understood what it was like to lose a parent since she had been through it too.
View original post 557 more words
An extraordinary tribute to the bond between dogs and their people.