from Scottie’s Toy Box
from The Mind of RD REVILO
- Funny, Some People Think
- War will be different for them
- They see the deadly destruction
- But theirs won’t make them a victim
- They’ll start the fight on Friday
- Then fight
- Until Sunday
- Back to work on Monday
- And if they get injured or hurt
- The enemy will nurture
- Them back to work
- So they can fight some more
- And even up the score
- No loss of electricity
- Water will flow
- No pain toward victory
- No disappearance of people they know
- It’ll be like a picnic
- Only ants are pests
- We’ll be in and out quick
- Unlike the rest
- Once they knowwe are serious
- Fear will make the enemy delirious
- And sue for peace
- Just beating our chests will scare the beast
- Our thunderous protests
- Will make them confess
- We’ll sing, we’ll cheer
- The brave will bring up the rear
- We’ll snarl, our fists we’ll ball
- We’ll persist, insist…
View original post 33 more words
This is an excellent read.
The dust continues to settle after the Brexit earthquake. US markets stabilized today, but it appears to be a “dead cat bounce” or a technical upturn as short positions are covered. It comes from the saying that even a dead cat will bounce up one story after falling off a ten story building. It certainly feels like that kind of week, especially if you think about whatever dead animals might account for the ridiculous hair of Donald Trump and/or Boris Johnson.
Then again, it hasn’t been a week yet.
For all the comparisons between this vote and the Trump phenom, they still don’t do this situation justice. People all over the world are recoiling from opening up markets and generally moving closer together. The threat to the EU is far from done as “euroskeptics” on the continent will certainly be emboldened – as will globalskeptics around the world. What has gone…
View original post 993 more words
Excellent quick explanation of neo liberalism.
Are you a liberal? Maybe a conservative? Probably you are neither but rather what we political scientists call neoliberal.
That is right both of our major parties are basically living under the tenets of neoliberalism…..
The main points of neo-liberalism include:
- THE RULE OF THE MARKET. Liberating “free” enterprise or private enterprise from any bonds imposed by the government (the state) no matter how much social damage this causes. Greater openness to international trade and investment, as in NAFTA. Reduce wages by de-unionizing workers and eliminating workers’ rights that had been won over many years of struggle. No more price controls. All in all, total freedom of movement for capital, goods and services. To convince us this is good for us, they say “an unregulated market is the best way to increase economic growth, which will ultimately benefit everyone.” It’s like Reagan’s “supply-side” and “trickle-down” economics — but somehow the…
View original post 377 more words