1. More black men are behind bars or under the watch of the criminal justice system than there were enslaved in 1850. Michelle Alexander
2. Legal is not the same as moral or right.
3. A great sex life is not the same as a great love life.
4. One can only be an individual in a social setting.
5. If you decide to live as a digital doll, don’t expect grown ups to respect
you for it.
6. If love is like an itching in your heart, it’s not love
7. The only real sin is making others suffer.
8. Looking young is not the same as being hot.
9. There’s more to life than being alive.
10. One in Four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before age 18.
Rob Goldstein 2015 -2019
Revised June 2019
This video is a mix of clips from the 2017 Women’s March, the 2018 Women’s March 2018, the March for Science the March for Climate Change, the Tax march and Pride 2017 and 2018.
The cuts from the 2017 Women’s March on Washington are from Rand Hall posted to the Internet Archive.
The rest of the videos are mine and made in San Francisco.
This is a re-post with a video update.
The previous video didn’t work for me.
This one looks the same but it’s sharper and better paced.
The header images are scans of the poster handouts at the 2017 Women’s
March on Washington.
To the best of my knowledge the posters are in the public domain, I sharpened the colors but I did not make the posters.
I cropped a mix of Spiritual High by Moodswings and the ‘I have a Dream’ speech by Martin Luther King. I found the mix at the Internet Archives.
Thank you to the talented Democrats who took charge of the House of Representatives.
Look at what we can accomplish when we unite.
Rob Goldstein(c) 2018
This is my traditional Christmas post.
First posted 12/11/2016 as The Night Bobby Found Christ in an Abandoned Subway Car.
I imagined a modern Nativity and saw a homeless kid who finds the abandoned Christ child in an old subway car.
Will he accept the burden of this gift?
I got the idea for the subway car from Dark Days, a documentary made in the 1990’s about a tribe of homeless people who live in the abandoned subway tunnels of New York.
I used VR to make a video of it.
I use two photo-shopped frames from the documentary as an homage to it.
I first came up with this idea in 2011 but didn’t have the skill I needed
to make a video work the way I envisioned it.
I was going to remake the video for this Christmas but had a soul sucking
bout of the flu that still lingers.
The video works but I see ways to make it better so I WILL remake the video
for next Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the World!
May we find our way back to reason and light.
I’ll see you guys after Christmas.
The video is a series high-resolution panels staged and shot in virtual reality and processed in multiple apps.
I cropped a cover of Silent Night found at the Internet Archives.
To the best of my knowledge the recording is in the public domain.
Rob Goldstein 2016-2018
Who are you
More subtle than
A little AIDS here
A little crack there–
Like the killer
Search for his
Are found —
Death is Life
Greed is God-
Who will have
(c) Rob Goldstein 2015-2017 All Rights Reserved