The Old Mechanic
The old mechanic yearned for the days of the Volkswagen–
when plenty was enough–before the greed and cruelty,
before the insatiable need for more.
This is an entry for Kat Myrman’s Twittering Tales #Twittering Tales #143 – 2 July 2019
I soar above the red rooftops
of the City
above the steeples
Mission Dolores Church
below the dusty ledges
there never was a sky more
nor a bird more pure.
Image and text (c) Rob Goldstein 2017-2019
1. More black men are behind bars or under the watch of the criminal justice system than there were enslaved in 1850. Michelle Alexander
2. Legal is not the same as moral or right.
3. A great sex life is not the same as a great love life.
4. One can only be an individual in a social setting.
5. If you decide to live as a digital doll, don’t expect grown ups to respect
you for it.
6. If love is like an itching in your heart, it’s not love
7. The only real sin is making others suffer.
8. Looking young is not the same as being hot.
9. There’s more to life than being alive.
10. One in Four girls and one in six boys will be sexually abused before age 18.
Rob Goldstein 2015 -2019
Revised June 2019
You have no business
no right to
tell me how I feel.
I do what I must:
I open my eyes and pull
down the sky.
I bleed myself dry.
Here where reality is
brutal and exhausting,
we are connected by lies
and anger —
We are one again.
(c) Rob Goldstein 1984-2019