I grabbed Judy’s arm:
“If Jesus had been his girlfriend things would make sense!”
Judy gave me some Haldol and went back to her charting.
Jimmy, I thought, grabbing myself by the short-hairs; you should
forget this aggression: join the Army, put on a show; a thousand
lights search the sky, the shadow of a star taped on glass.
Who do you think Judy thinks she is?
White woman savaged by selves.
“Tell it to the Huns,” I say.
I strip to wrap my arms around Ronnie’s bare chest.
I listen to his beating heart; “You made people
think you cared so they blame themselves for being
“Is that why you want to kill me?”
“Nah,” I say. “I just wanna leave without paying, like you!”
(c) Rob Goldstein 2017 All Rights Reserved
from The Mind of RD REVILO
- Funny, Some People Think
- War will be different for them
- They see the deadly destruction
- But theirs won’t make them a victim
- They’ll start the fight on Friday
- Then fight
- Until Sunday
- Back to work on Monday
- And if they get injured or hurt
- The enemy will nurture
- Them back to work
- So they can fight some more
- And even up the score
- No loss of electricity
- Water will flow
- No pain toward victory
- No disappearance of people they know
- It’ll be like a picnic
- Only ants are pests
- We’ll be in and out quick
- Unlike the rest
- Once they knowwe are serious
- Fear will make the enemy delirious
- And sue for peace
- Just beating our chests will scare the beast
- Our thunderous protests
- Will make them confess
- We’ll sing, we’ll cheer
- The brave will bring up the rear
- We’ll snarl, our fists we’ll ball
- We’ll persist, insist…
View original post 33 more words